Photographing people. It’s a challenge. It’s a really rewarding challenge.
If you have never worked with a model, you may wonder… what’s it like?
How do you address a model in a photography situation?
Author and photographer Stacey Hill is an excellent resource on this very topic.
She has professionally worked on both sides of the camera: model and photographer.
She has some fabulous insights into how you can get started photographing models!
Here are the topics that Stacey covers:
- Considerations for the model
- Setting up a comfortable workspace either on-location or in a studio
- Creating a creative partnership with your model
- The importance of good communication
- Calming a model’s nerves and making them feel safe
- Why touching a model is a sensitive subject
- The importance of setting expectations before the shoot day
- Dealing with the issue of payment
Don’t miss out. Take advantage of Stacey’s extensive knowledge on this important photographic topic.
Photo Credit: Stacey Hill