Virtually every photographer that has walked into a camera store to buy a camera or lens has experienced this.
The salesperson will assure you that you must buy a UV or skylight filter to place onto the front of your lenses.
The question is…
Is that true, or merely a sales gimmick?
In this guide, Charles Haacker gets the scoop on glass UV and skylight filters.
Here is what you’ll learn!
- What is this filter about?
- What is ultraviolet (UV) light?
- What does UV light do to a picture?
- Created in the days of film, is a UV filter necessary with modern digital camera sensors?
- Why UV Filters are touted and sold as “protection” from drops for your lens.
- Is it true that these filters can cause “flare?”
- Do we need one of these filters?
If the thought of possibly saving some money is useful, click here and read on!
Photo Credit: Charles Haacker