Contrast is one of the most crucial components of a great photo.
If it’s not done correctly, you can end up with photos where the subject is lost in the moment and seemingly out of place within the frame.
Proper use of tonal contrast in photography is a good way to set the mood for your photos and grab a viewer’s attention.
The key is identifying your dominant tone and then choosing a complementary companion tone.
This contrast creates a visual sensation that effectively uses both tones to grab the viewer’s attention.
In this guide, you will learn how to use tonal contrast creatively and effectively.
Here are the topics covered:
- What is tonal contrast in photography?
- Why should you use tonal contrast in your composition?
- The difference between color contrast and tonal contrast
- 10 techniques to use tonal contrast creatively
- A self-check quiz to ensure you learned properly!
Your Copy is Here.
Photo Credit: Patrik Velich