Why is high contrast so darn appealing?
Contrast, both tonal and color, conveys an intense sensation of mood and emotion. These images often feel fresh, dramatic, and edgy. They are high energy and appeal to all individuals across all age groups.
In this guide, we will examine images that use high contrast and then decide what we think about them. We also highlight contrast techniques.
Here is what is covered:
- What is tonal contrast?
- What is color contrast?
- Black and white are the ultimate high-contrast tools
- Extremely high tonal contrast
- Combining tonal and color contrast in a single image
- The difference between color contrast, color separation, and monochromatic color
- Subjects that work well with high contrast
- Planning a high-contrast photoshoot
- Color contrast is not dependent upon the saturation level
- Using still life to learn about contrast
- Mixing high contrast and low contrast in a single image
Grab your free copy now!
Photo Credit: Nora Hutton