Everyone talks about the quality of light. The old ‘soft light’ makes great pictures advice.
But there are two equally important elements of light that are more rarely discussed.
Those more rarely discussed attributes are the direction of the lighting and the angle of the light.
These are two photographer decisions that can completely alter your final photograph.
This eBook is titled “Side Lighting vs. Front Lighting,” and it is written by Karthika Gupta, who was nominated as one of the top 100 female photographers to watch in 2020.
Here is what Karthika shares with you:
- The different qualities of light
- The direction of light and its impact
- Defining side light
- How to locate directional side lighting
- Finding and using light shapes
- Defining front light
- Finding and using front light
- The benefits of observing light