Who recognizes the term- “Selfie”?
It’s a funny world we live in these days. Everything is changing so fast. It can be difficult to keep up: even with something as simple as terminology.
Well, don’t feel bad if you didn’t recognize the word, selfie.
It’s simply a new way to describe a photographic genre that has been around since day one.
Some of the most recognized names in photography have created a “selfie”.
Even Ansel Adams for example!
A selfie is just a new way to say… self-portrait. It’s a term that was coined by the hipsters that love to hold their smart phone at arms length and take their own picture in front of everything under the sun.
What most of them probably never realized is that The Art of Self-Portraiture has long been a favorite of photographers.
It’s fun to create an image that can stand on its own as artwork, but, also makes a statement about you- the artist.
In this guide, photographer Jason D. Little, spells out everything you need to know to get started with Self-Portraiture.
He answers questions like –
- “How do I get it in focus?” (That’s an important one!)
- “What kind of lighting do I need?” (Did you know that you could light a cool self-portrait with nothing more than a flashlight?)
- “What kind of equipment you’ll find helpful.”
- “How do you frame an image when you’re not even looking through the viewfinder?”
- “How should you approach post-processing?”
- Plus, you’ll receive tips, ideas, and examples on how to make your self-portraits pop!
Image Credit : Sebastian Anthony