Everyone wants to look their best in photos. Capturing a natural smile or a lovely, candid, relaxed expression with the perfect lighting is a great start.
But these days that may not be enough to satisfy your portrait client or your partner when you photograph them.
In people photography, there is what professional portrait photographers call ‘The Big Three.’
The Big Three consists of…
In this guide, Kevin Landwer-Johan teaches you how to quickly and easily retouch skin using Lightroom for perfect people pictures.
Many photographers believe that you must have Photoshop or some specialized app in order to retouch skin.
Good news! That isn’t the case. You can do it with the Adobe Lightroom program that you’re already using.
Here is what Kevin covers:
- Starting with good intent. Knowing the style of portrait that you are creating will assist in the skin retouching during post-production.
- How retouching skin in Lightroom brings a balance between what the skin retouching apps have to offer and the complicated workflows in Photoshop.
- First looking at and adjusting the skin tone by changing the exposure and white balance.
- Why retouching for redness and excessive contrast is critical.
- Why working in incremental baby steps is crucial.
- How to remove skin blemishes.
- Softening and smoothing out wrinkles without making the skin look like plastic.
All the information is here to get you started on retouching skin like a pro using Lightroom!
Photo Credit: Kevin Landwer-John