Everybody does love a great bug photo.
They consistently get the most attention on social media, and they win contests.
It takes a bit more than just “seeing” a cool insect to get great shots of it.
Author and photographer Leanne Cleaveley is going to break it down for you in Photzy’s Free Quick Guide this week.
Here is what you will learn:
- Two approaches as to how to locate the insects
- How to do research on a particular insect
- How to multitask on an insect photo shoot
- What equipment you need
- How to eliminate distracting backgrounds
- Working with the challenges of light – both available light and the use of electronic flash
- Tips on how to use depth of field and what it can do to help or hurt your images
You wouldn’t think that taking a photograph of an insect would require so much knowledge.
However, that’s why there are great bug photos and not so great bug photos.
We want you in the “GREAT” category!
Photo Credit: Leanne Cleaveley