As we learn photography, confidence can be hard to come by. There is a lot of competition out there, and aren’t we all just a little hard on ourselves when we attempt to create “art”?
Karlo de Leon has put together a wonderful guide on the subject of “Confidence”.
There are real, and measurable, steps that you can take to increase your self-confidence (and competence) as a photographer.
Here are some of the topics covered…
- What self-confidence is and how to define it
- Properly assessing your “competence”, which will in turn affect your confidence
- How to reassure yourself that you’re improving
- The importance of supportive peers
- Discovering your way of learning
- How preparation builds confidence
- Setting and achieving goals
- How to show others that you ARE confident
- Specific tasks to help you gain confidence
I just want you to know that virtually all of us struggle with self-confidence at some level. You’re not alone. I feel strongly that this guide will point you in the right direction.