Cameras and lenses are the tools of photography. We know what they do- at least at a basic level.
But, why are some lenses worth thousands of dollars- and others aren’t?
And, why can’t a Nikon lens mount to a Canon camera, or a Canon lens to a Nikon camera, yet- you could purchase a Sigma lens that could mount to either camera?
If you’ve wrestled with questions like these- then you will love this video by photographer, Jason Row.
This is the latest installment in Jason’s “Camera Basics” video series.
Here are some of the topics he covers-
- What exactly are “kit lenses”?
- What do the terms wide-angle, telephoto, and normal lens really mean?
- What are the differences between zoom and prime lenses?
- Why would the use of a prime lens increase your creativity?
- And… why all lenses aren’t created equal!
There is a BIG world of lenses out there. If you’re interested in gaining a better understanding of the differences between them- check out Jason Row’s video.