We all dream of getting that awesome travel photograph that “nobody” else has.
So, what does it take to create travel images like this?
Photographer and author Jason Row takes travel photographs for a living.
He has created an awesome video that boils the process down to FOUR essential steps.
Here is some of what you will learn:
- Google Maps is your best friend, and how it can help you in your travel photography
- The importance of scouting a location and knowing travel distances ahead of time
- The Photographer’s Ephemeris – takes the guesswork out of planning a shot
- Why you should create a plan – but don’t be afraid to change the plan
- The importance of weather and having a backup plan
- Judging exposure for the best results and why you might want to bracket your exposures
- The utmost importance of backing up your files
- Post-production: Date & location!
- How to use a rating system with your images
I can’t think of a single person that wouldn’t benefit from watching this video. Don’t miss it!
Jason Row is a British born travel photographer now living in Ukraine. You can follow him on his Facebook page. He also maintains a portfolio of his work here.