Whether you’re on vacation or merely strolling around your neighborhood farmer’s market, there is no better opportunity to capture unique images than at an outdoor market.
There’s always plenty of action and light, so coming home with plenty of good images is normal. The real challenge is to avoid the easy, often clichéd photographs.
In this guide, author Kevin Landwer-Johan will walk you through an outdoor market photoshoot with him. You’ll learn how he approaches capturing the essence of a place, the produce, the people, and he’ll give you five of his best tips so that you can make a series of unique images at any outdoor market.
Here are a few excerpts to get your creative juices flowing:
- Look for pockets of heightened activity.
- Figure out what locals find interesting.
- Look for shafts of light to create exciting lighting.
- Discover what makes that particular market unique – because they all are.
- Think like a movie director.
- Develop mini-stories in your mind.
- It’s all about people.
Don’t miss out! Grab your copy now.
Photo Credit: Kevin Landwer-Johan