Photography should be fun. That is one of the reasons that we decided to pick up a camera in the first place!
Creating photographs can take many forms. However, one of the most fun aspects is shooting candid photography.
- It creates surprise both in you and a viewer
- It challenges you as a photographer
- It forces you to become more aware of what is happening around you
- It leads to photographs that no one else can take or recreate
- It is the ultimate personal form of photographic expression
When Henri Cartier-Bresson coined the term “The Decisive Moment”, what was he referring to? Candid photography! His specialty was street photography. However, candid photography can be applied to many different disciplines of the photographic medium.
Kent DuFault is going to give you 11 solid tips on how to create professional candid photography for this week’s Free Quick Guide.
These tips include:
- Flash or no flash
- Strategic positioning
- Shooting with both eyes open
- Focus Points
- Shooting from the hip
- Using an auto exposure mode
- Shoot with a burst or not
- Using auto ISO
- Faces, Expression, Action = “FEA”
When you finish this guide, you will be well on your way to becoming a candid photo expert!
Photo Credit: Kent DuFault