As we approach the new year, I bet you are already thinking about…“Where would I like to go take pictures in 2018?”
If you haven’t considered it, one destination that should be high on your list is Cuba.
Since Cuba has only recently been opened up to influence from outside its own borders, it still retains an “Old World” charm that is difficult to find anywhere else on the planet.
Today, I would like to introduce you to a photographer that has joined our staff of freelance writers.
His name is Robin Nichols. Robin was born in the UK, but has lived the past 30 years in Sydney, Australia.
He has worked as a photography educator at the university level, as well as a freelance photographer, writer, and the publisher of a photo magazine.
He took an amazing photo excursion to Cuba, and he is going to share some tips and insights into what you could expect, should YOU decide to go for a photo excursion on the beautiful and mysterious island of Cuba!
You’ll enjoy this guide, and in particular, the colorful exotic photographs.
Here is some of what Robin touches upon…
- The best gear to take with you
- Scams that you should be wary of
- How to approach the “locals” for photos
- Using HDR to capture the amazing colors
- Accessories that you will find useful
- Night shooting suggestions
- Using “Scene Cleaner” in Adobe Elements to remove distractions
- Backing Up Options – to preserve your precious photos
- Shooting panoramas – indoors and outdoors
- And much more!
Photo Credit: Robin Nichols